WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETING
Please join our Sept. 26 (11 am ET) OHDSI Community Call for our latest session focused on recent publications from the OHDSI community. We are excited to welcome five lead authors to present their recently published studies that feature OHDSI tools/practices or the OMOP Common Data Model:
• Sylvia Kiwuwa-Muyingo, Biostatistician, African Population and Health Research Center • Enabling data sharing and utilization for African population health data using OHDSI tools with an OMOP-common data model (Frontiers in Public Health)
• Jill Hardin, Director, Observational Health and Data Analytics, Janssen Research and Development • Characteristics and treatment pathways in pediatric and adult hidradenitis suppurativa: An examination using real world data (JAAD International)
• Tiffany Callahan, Postdoctoral Researcher, IBM • Ontologizing health systems data at scale: making translational discovery a reality (NPJ Digital Medicine)
• Craig Mayer, Interdisciplinary Data Scientist, National Library of Medicine • Learning important common data elements from shared study data: The All of Us program analysis (PLoS One)
• Qiong Wu, Research Associate of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania • Padé approximant meets federated learning: A nearly lossless, one-shot algorithm for evidence synthesis in distributed research networks with rare outcomes (Journal of Biomedical Informatics)
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites went out last week. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly calls are available within our Teams environment and will be posted on both our YouTube page and our OHDSI.org Community Calls page
Congratulations to the team of Berta Raventós, Sergio Fernández-Bertolín, María Aragón, Erica Voss, Clair Blacketer, Leonardo Méndez-Boo, Martina Recalde, Elena Roel, Andrea Pistillo, Carlen Reyes, Sebastiaan van Sandijk, Lars Halvorsen, Peter Rijnbeek, Edward Burn, and Talita Duarte-Salles on the publication of Transforming the Information System for Research in Primary Care (SIDIAP) in Catalonia to the OMOP Common Data Model and Its Use for COVID-19 Research in Clinical Epidemiology.
Research from the 2023 Europe Symposium Collaborator Showcase in Rotterdam can be viewed on the Europe Symposium Showcase homepage. Research is also being shared daily on OHDSI’s LinkedIn and Twitter feeds as part of the #OHDSISocialShowcase. Below are posters (with study leads) that are featured this week:
Monday – Standardizing European sarcoma registry data to the OMOP Common Data Model (Maaike van Swieten)
Tuesday – Quality Management System of the OHDSI Standardized Vocabularies (Vlad Korsik)
Wednesday – A reusable method to assess the quality of the ETL process (Vittoria Ramella)
Thursday – The use of WHO ‘Watch List’ Antibiotics in Europe: a DARWIN-EU® network population-based network cohort study (Johnmary T. Arinze)
• The agenda for the 2023 Global Symposium main conference is now available and it highlights the most diverse agenda in our event history, as well as all activities throughout the weekend, and all posters/demos/lightning talks from the collaborator showcase.
• The new Community Dashboard is now available on OHDSI.org. The dashboard includes tracking sites for publications, YouTube videos, EHDEN Academy courses, network studies, the phenotype explorer, and opportunities.
HADES Development Announcements
• Jamie Gilbert announced the release of CohortDiagnostics version 3.2.4 1. This is a hotfix to
support newer versions of OhdsiShinyModules which have a minor API change.
• Martijn Schuemie announced the release of SqlRender 1.16.0. This includes various minor bugfixes and updates.
OHDSI Global Symposium
• The 2023 OHDSI Global Symposium will be held Oct. 20-22 at the NEW location of the Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in East Brunswick, N.J. Below are all the critical links you will need for the weekend. Please remember to book your hotel room asap as the rates will increase the closer we get to October!
Ajit Londhe recently posted that Boehringer Ingelheim is hiring for two positions: (1) Director, Real World Data & Analytics – Data Domain Owner (this position will lead acquisition strategy for real-world data sources for possible in-license/ purchase and additional analytical tools for in-house analytic needs across the organization … responsible for oversight of operational governance tasks & real-world data life cycle governance … US-based, remote location); and (2) Real World Evidence Data Engineer (IT position supporting RWE teams’ technology needs, including OHDSI stack support … based in Spain only).
• Yuan Lu, Assistant Professor at Yale University, announced an opening for a Postdoctoral Associate/Data Analyst at the Yale University School of Medicine. This person will work on the LEGEND Hypertension Project. More information, including job description, key responsibilities and qualifications, are available here . If interested, please reach out to Dr. Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance: For guidance on MS Teams, please check out this link
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
To unsubscribe from Teams, please fill out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community