WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETING
Please join our Oct. 3 Community Call for the first of two sessions of updates from various workgroups. We will hear about the objectives and key results from the past year, as well as the upcoming plans for our workgroups. This session should help set the foundation for any face-to-face meetings that happen at the OHDSI Global Symposium on Oct. 20-22.
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites went out last week. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly calls are available within our Teams environment and will be posted on both our YouTube page and our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
Congratulations to the team of Santiago Frid, Guillem Bracons Cucó, Jessyca Gil Rojas, Antonio López-Rueda, Xavier Pastor Duran, Olga Martínez-Sáez, and Raimundo Lozano-Rubí on the publication of Evaluation of OMOP CDM, i2b2 and ICGC ARGO for supporting data harmonization in a breast cancer use case of a multicentric European AI project in the Journal of Biomedical Informatics.
Research from the 2023 Europe Symposium Collaborator Showcase in Rotterdam can be viewed on the Europe Symposium Showcase homepage. Research is also being shared daily on OHDSI’s LinkedIn and Twitter feeds as part of the #OHDSISocialShowcase. Below are posters (with study leads) that are featured this week:
Monday – Privacy-preserving using k-anonymity and l-diversity in OMOP CDM databases (João Rafael Almeida)
Tuesday – Capture and consolidation of renal specific concepts into a cohesive OMOP dataset (Jared Houghtaling)
Wednesday – Lessons learned from four population-based cancer registries: Mapping of ICD-O-3 codes to standard concepts (Peter Prinsen)
Thursday – Automated Retrospective Data Extraction from Electronic Health Records Using Natural Language Processing to Identify Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy in a Real-World Heart Failure Population (Dries Hans)
Friday – FinnGen ETL using BigQuery SQL (Shanmukha Sampath Padmanabhuni)
• The latest OHDSI newsletter is now available, and it includes the most updated information on the 2023 Global Symposium, as well as a look at the DARWIN EU® initiative, community updates, September publications and presentations, and plenty more.
• Jody-Ann McLeggon is a program manager at the Columbia University Irving Medical Center. She focuses specifically on the collaboration between OHDSI and the U.S. Food & Drug Administration CBER Biologics Effectiveness and Safety (BEST) Community Engagement and Development Initiative. She also took a leadership role in leading the global community on the development and execution of four network studies in the 2023 Save Our Sisyphus Challenge. She discusses the collaboration between OHDSI and the FDA, how OHDSI can assist regulator agencies in the active surveillance of vaccines and drugs, lessons she learned about network studies, and more in the latest edition of the Collaborator Spotlight.
• The agenda for the 2023 Global Symposium main conference is now available and it highlights the most diverse agenda in our event history, as well as all activities throughout the weekend, and all posters/demos/lightning talks from the collaborator showcase.
• The new Community Dashboard is now available on OHDSI.org. The dashboard includes tracking sites for publications, YouTube videos, EHDEN Academy courses, network studies, the phenotype explorer, and opportunities.
OHDSI Global Symposium
The 2023 OHDSI Global Symposium will be held Oct. 20-22 at the NEW location of the Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in East Brunswick, N.J. Below are all the critical links you will need for the weekend.
Ajit Londhe recently posted that Boehringer Ingelheim is hiring for two positions: (1) Director, Real World Data & Analytics – Data Domain Owner (this position will lead acquisition strategy for real-world data sources for possible in-license/ purchase and additional analytical tools for in-house analytic needs across the organization … responsible for oversight of operational governance tasks & real-world data life cycle governance … US-based, remote location); and (2) Real World Evidence Data Engineer (IT position supporting RWE teams’ technology needs, including OHDSI stack support … based in Spain only).
• Yuan Lu, Assistant Professor at Yale University, announced an opening for a Postdoctoral Associate/Data Analyst at the Yale University School of Medicine. This person will work on the LEGEND Hypertension Project. More information, including job description, key responsibilities and qualifications, are available here . If interested, please reach out to Dr. Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance: For guidance on MS Teams, please check out this link
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
To unsubscribe from Teams, please fill out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community