Thank you for your interest in the 2023 OHDSI Collaborators Showcase! We are delighted that you are considering joining our research community and presenting your work at this year’s symposium showcase. The OHDSI Symposium will be held Oct. 20-22 at the Hilton East Brunswick Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in East Brunswick, N.J.
OHDSI’s mission is to improve health by empowering a community to collaboratively generate evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care. We envision a world in which observational research produces a comprehensive understanding of health and disease. To achieve this goal, OHDSI has formed a multi-stakeholder, interdisciplinary collaboration that aims to bring out the value of health data through large-scale analytics and open-source software tools. OHDSI has established a global community of observational health researchers and a research network covering over 810 million patients.
OHDSI’s achievements to date would not be possible if not for the hard work of our growing community members. Our annual Collaborator Showcase provides our community the opportunity to share their tremendous work. Over the last two years, the OHDSI community produced more than 200 posters/talks/demos for our Collaborator Showcase.
Once again, we are inviting collaborators to participate in the Collaborator Showcase for this year’s 2023 OHDSI U.S. Symposium. Collaborators will have the opportunity to submit their work for poster presentations, oral talks, and software demonstrations.
Topics of interest include:
– Observational data standards and management
– Methodological research
– Open-source analytics development
– Clinical research from OHDSI’s analytic use cases:
• Clinical characterization
• Population-level estimation
• Patient-level prediction mm
– Community development
SHOWCASE STRUCTURE: The showcase will be structured to highlight posters, oral talks, and software demonstrations.
We are currently working out all the details for the 2023 Global Symposium. Please continue to join our community calls (Tuesdays, 11 am ET), check the forums, MSTeams, the OHDSI website and social platforms, as well as emails from OHDSI Events manager, to learn more details about an informative and productive showcase this year!
1) POSTER: a poster-board to present a static display summary of your latest research; poster measurements are to be a horizontal-orientation and 48″ long x 36″ high is the maximum size. Please create a paper or thin fabric-type poster as the poster boards at the symposium will be cork; please do not use foam core. As always you may use the traditional poster template or the Mike Morrison poster template which was introduced a few years ago. Both can be found below.
We have two poster templates below should you want to use them:
- The traditional poster template is available here.
- The Mike Morrison poster template is available here.
Poster Printing Information: There is a Fedex Print Shop located at 212 Route 18, East Brunswick, NJ. This location is a 7-minute ride or 20-minute walk from the hotel. Phone Number: 732-249-9222, website: FedEx Office – East Brunswick, NJ – 212 Rte 18 08816 – Print & Ship | Kinkos
2) ORAL PRESENTATION: a 7-minute podium presentation to verbally share your story with the community. In addition, if you are selected to give an oral talk, you will also be responsible for creating a poster to submit for the showcase so the community can ask you questions about your work.
3) SOFTWARE DEMONSTRATION: an interactive display of open-source analytics; a table, wi-fi, and monitor will be provided. A video (or poster) of your demonstration should be shared with Craig Sachson for display on the OHDSI.org website following the symposium.
A brief report submission template can be found here: Submission Template
The document can be downloaded as a Microsoft Word document by clicking on the link and selecting File->Download As…-> Microsoft Word (.docx).
Each presenting author should upload their document as a PDF. The submission should meet the following guidelines:
- Maximum 1000 words of text (exclusive of references/citations/authors/affiliations/figures/tables)
- Maximum 10 MB
- Clearly state the names of all co-authors and affiliations at the top (list them in the order that will appear on the presentation)
- Have the following components: Title, Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- References/citations are recommended (maximum 15; suggested style is Vancouver).
- Unpublished in the peer-review literature at the time of submission; preprints are acceptable
- [Optional] up to 3 additional Figures or tables can be added to support description of the methods or results
By submitting your work, the presenting author (or representative) agrees to present at the OHDSI Symposium in person if their work is selected. Your document should be saved as a PDF using the following naming convention, where the “lastname” and “firstname” correspond to the name of the presenting author, and “title” should include keywords that summarize the title: Lastname-Firstname_title_2023symposium
As we have done over the last few years, we strongly suggest all showcase participants create a video about their work that is shared over the OHDSI social platforms following the symposium. The video must be .mp4 format, under 2:20 in time and < 512 MB. Over the last three years, video submissions were viewed more than 5,400 times on the OHDSI twitter feed. Those videos will be due prior to the symposium; please reach out to Craig Sachson if you have any questions.
- All submissions are due no later than 8pm (EST) on Friday, June 16
- All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the OHDSI Scientific Review Committee between June 23-August 3
- If you have been selected to present your work for the 2023 Symposium Collaborators Showcase, you will be notified via email by Tuesday, August 15
2023 Brief Report Submission Form
Should you need additional assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.