WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETINGS
Please join us Tuesday, July 19 (11 am ET) for our next OHDSI Community Call, which will feature a new set of workgroup updates:
• Early-Stage Researchers (Faaizah Arshad)
• NLP (Hua Xu)
• Phenotype Development & Evaluation (Gowtham Rao)
• HADES (Martijn Schuemie)
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites for our 2022 community calls go out each Friday. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly meetings will be posted on both our main OHDSI Teams tenant and on our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
Common Data Model WG: Tuesday, July 19 at 1pm ET (Meeting Link )
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 10am and 1pm ET, respectively. MEETING IS CANCELLED
FHIR and OMOP WG – Data Model Harmonization Subgroup Meeting: Wednesday, July 20 at 9am ET (Eastern Hemisphere) (Meeting Link) Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 9am ET. NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information & updates (Meeting ID: 971 1680 7510 Passcode: 143545)
Africa Chapter Meeting: Wednesday, July 20 at 9am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the third Wednesday of each month at 9am ET
FHIR and OMOP WG- Digital Quality Measurements Subgroup: Wed, July 20 at 10am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Wednesday at 10am ET. NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information and updates Zoom Details: Meeting ID: 836 4585 6405 Passcode: 552204
Health Equity Journal Club: Wednesday, July 20 at 12pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the third Wednesday of each month at 12pm ET.
HADES WG: Thursday, July 21 at 12pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the third Thursday of each month at 12pm ET.
FHIR and OMOP WG-Oncology Subgroup: Thursday, July 21 at 12pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every Thursday at 12pm ET
FHIR and OMOP WG-Terminologies Subgroup: Thursday, July 21 at 6pm ET (Pacific & Western Time zone): (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Thursday at 6pm ET. NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information and updates (Meeting ID: 970 7397 4923 Passcode:600294)
GIS-Geographic Information System WG DEVELOPMENT Meeting: Friday, July 22 at 9am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Friday at 9am ET.
Phenotype Development and Evaluation WG: Friday, July 22 at 9am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the second and fourth Fridays of each month at 10am ET. NOTE: NEW TIME
Clinical Trials WG: Friday, July 22 at 10:30am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Friday at 10:30am ET.
• Dani Prieto-Alhambra’s team at the University of Oxford is hiring two Research Assistants in Health Data Sciences. In this position, you will support the programming of analytical pipelines for the analysis of routinely collected data mapped to the OMOP Common Data Model. You will prepare analytical packages to run a number of pre-specified analyses, contribute to wider project planning, including ideas for new research projects and manage own research and administrative activities, within guidelines provided by senior colleagues. More information and the application link are available here, and the deadline is August 8, 2022.
• Brianne Olivieri-Mui and her team at The Roux Institute at Northeastern University has one opening for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow beginning on or about September 1, 2022. The fellow will have an opportunity to conduct observational and administrative database research (e.g., analysis of existing datasets) on health outcomes for older adults with HIV or LGBT older adults, under the supervision of the PI. The fellow will devote most of their time to independent research aligned with the PI’s interests and across federated and local research models. More information and an application link are available here.
Nominations are now OPEN for the 2022 Titan Awards, which recognize those who have gone above and beyond to foster community engagement, lead research and development efforts, and make significant contributions towards OHDSI’s mission. If there are members or institutions who have made significant contributions that you would like to recognize, please nominate them before the Sept. 2 deadline!
• EHDEN recently announced that 32 applicants from its most recent data partner call have been selected to join the federated data network, which already includes 134 data partners from 26 countries.
• The most recent Asia-Pacific (APAC) community call focused on two of the ongoing APAC network studies: Characterization of Health by OHDSI AP chapter to identify Temporal Effect of the Pandemic (Seng Chan You), and Data quality of OHDSI APAC: CDM Inspection study (Chungsoo Kim). A recording of the presentation is available here: https://youtu.be/h7dCyzjOWoQ. The next APAC call will focus on the other two studies and will be held July 28.
• Videos from all presentations during the main day of the OHDSI European Symposium are now available. There are recently added interviews with several leaders and participants in the symposium, which you can find here.
• The latest edition of The Journey Newsletter, which includes updates on the European Symposium, the SNOMED agreement, the 10-minute tutorials, as well as community updates, publications and presentations, is now available here.
• The OHDSI Social Showcase has returned! Accepted submissions from the European Symposium Collaborator Showcase will be shared on the OHDSI Twitter and LinkedIn feeds. Here are the posters that will be highlighted this week.
Monday – Miniaturizing Data Harmonization; Methods to Facilitate Training in the OMOP Data Ecosystem (Emma Gesquiere)
Tuesday – TrajectoryViz: Interactive visualization of treatment trajectories (Maarja Pajusalu)
Wednesday – OMOP project evolvement at Technische Universität Dresden over the past years (Ines Reinecke)
Thursday – Pharmacological treatment pathways of chronic cough in adults in primary care in the Netherlands: A population-based study (Johnmary Arinze, Solomon Ioannou)
Friday – De-identification of Clinical Notes for Patients with Infectious Disease and Topic Modeling using Latent Dirichlet Allocation (Junhyuk Chang)
2022 OHDSI Symposium
Registration has opened for the 2022 OHDSI Symposium, which will be held Oct. 14-16 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. The main conference will be held Friday, Oct. 14, while a full-day tutorial (An Introductory Journey from Data to Evidence) will be held Saturday, Oct. 15. There will be several workgroup activities between Oct. 15-16 as well. Here are several important links for #OHDSI2022.
HOTEL SLEEPING ROOMS:
UPDATE- As some rooms opened for the night of Oct. 14, you should book your room asap!
Please book your hotel room ASAP for Oct.13-15 through the OHDSI room block to ensure a special rate (will sell out fast)
2022 OHDSI Symposium – Start your reservation (passkey.com)
For nights 10/15-16, please book your hotel room on the hotel’s website.
Rockville, MD Hotel | Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Note: If you have multiple reservations at the Bethesda North Marriott, as long as you book the same room type, you will be able to stay in one room the entire time; just stop by the front desk and they will update your keys and credit card info.
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance: For guidance on MS Teams, please check out this link
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community