WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETING
Please join our Nov. 28 community call (11 am ET) to get an update about the OHDSI Coordinating Center, and to learn about how the community can support OHDSI’s mission as we move into 2024.
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites went out last week. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly calls are available within our Teams environment and will be posted on both our YouTube page and our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
The next edition of the Early-Stage Researchers Career Speaker Series will be held Monday, Dec. 11, at 11 am ET. Fan Bu, a postdoctoral researcher at UCLA, will be the featured speaker. You can join the call here.
• Research from the 2023 Global Symposium Collaborator Showcase can be viewed on the Global Symposium Showcase page. Research is also being shared daily on OHDSI’s LinkedIn, Twitter/X and Instagram feeds as part of the #OHDSISocialShowcase. Below are posters (with study leads) that are featured this week:
Monday — “OMOP Anywhere”: Daily Updates from EHR Data Leveraging Epic’s Native Tools (Mujeeb Basit)
Tuesday — Open-Source Tools and Terminology to Increase Representativeness in OHDSI Data (Andrew Kanter)
Thursday – Refactoring OHDSI cohort queries for performance: lessons from VA study participation (Benjamin Viernes)
Friday – Characteristics Associated with Persistent Opioid Use Following Total Joint Arthroplasty (Aurora Quaye)
• The 2023 Global Symposium home page has posted the video presentations and slides for all of the Friday talks, as well as the “Introduction to OHDSI” tutorial from Saturday morning. All posters from the collaborator showcase are also available. Please check out this page for all material related to the event.
• The latest edition of the Our Journey annual report was shared at the Global Symposium, but there is a digital version that you can access on the OHDSI website.
HADES Development Updates
• Ger Inberg announced the release of FeatureExtraction 3.3.2. It is a bigfix release.
• Adam Black announced the release of Andromeda 0.6.4. This is a patch release.
• Aedin Culhane announced the opening of two positions for a Postdoctoral Researcher (Level 1 or 2) in Cancer Digital Health Real World Evidence at the University of Limerick. As a Postdoctoral Researcher in the eHealth-Hub for Cancer, you will have responsibility for leading programming and development of analytical pipelines for harmonising cancer clinical data at partner sites to the best practice international standards. You will work with experts in the Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership (OMOP) Common Data Model (CDM), mCODE and the GA4GH standard Phenopackets. You will have the opportunity to contribute to development of the OMOP-CDM oncology extension, oncology genomics data standards, connecting Irish cancer data to All of US, the UK Biobank, PIONEER, OPTIMA, and a federated network of global cancer datasets. You will contribute to the coding and reviewing of R or python packages for the federated analysis of OMOP-mapped real-world cancer data. The application deadline is Dec. 15, 2023. Further description and an application link are available here.
• Cynthia Yang shared two openings at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, one for a Distinguished Scientist, Artificial Intelligence & Large Language Models, and one for a Deputy Director, Quantitative Sciences. More details about both positions are available within the direct links.
• Stephanie Leonard shared an opening at Stanford University for a postdoctoral scholar in perinatal pharmacoepidemiology. The scholar will work closely with faculty members with expertise in epidemiology, medical informatics, and clinical medicine on NIH-funded research projects on the comparative safety and effectiveness of medications in pregnancy and related research topics. Our projects employ advanced analytical methods in large databases, including OHDSI network studies using claims data and electronic health record data in the OMOP CDM. Current topical focus areas include mental health, behavioral health and cardiovascular health of people who are pregnant or postpartum. Further details are available here: https://postdocs.stanford.edu/prospective/opportunities/open-postdoctoral-position-faculty-mentor-brian-bateman 1. Please send any questions to Dr. Leonard at email@example.com. Details on postdoc resources at Stanford: https://postdocs.stanford.edu/.
• Ajit Londhe recently posted that Boehringer Ingelheim is hiring for two positions: (1) Director, Real World Data & Analytics – Data Domain Owner (this position will lead acquisition strategy for real-world data sources for possible in-license/ purchase and additional analytical tools for in-house analytic needs across the organization … responsible for oversight of operational governance tasks & real-world data life cycle governance … US-based, remote location); and (2) Real World Evidence Data Engineer (IT position supporting RWE teams’ technology needs, including OHDSI stack support … based in Spain only).
• Yuan Lu, Assistant Professor at Yale University, announced an opening for a Postdoctoral Associate/Data Analyst at the Yale University School of Medicine. This person will work on the LEGEND Hypertension Project. More information, including job description, key responsibilities and qualifications, are available here. If interested, please reach out to Dr. Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance: For guidance on MS Teams, please check out this link
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
To unsubscribe from Teams, please fill out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community