WEEKLY COMMUNITY CALL MEETING
Please join our next community call on Tuesday, Jan. 16 (11 am ET) for a session focused on Connections for Collaborations. Working together is the most efficient way for us to achieve the OHDSI mission, and we will try to facilitate connections — both new and established — with a set of breakout sessions to allow you to discuss your current research, hear about other work happening in the community, and potentially find opportunities to collaborate in the future.
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites went out last week. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly calls are available within our Teams environment and will be posted on both our YouTube page and our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
Congratulations to the team of Qiong Wu, Jiayi Tong, Bingyu Zhang, Dazheng Zhang, Jiajie Chen, Yuqing Lei, Yiwen Lu, Yudong Wang, Lu Li, Yishan Shen, Jie Xu, L. Charles Bailey, Jiang Bian, Dimitri A. Christakis, Megan L. Fitzgerald, Kathryn Hirabayashi, Ravi Jhaveri, Alka Khaitan, Tianchen Lyu, Suchitra Rao, Hanieh Razzaghi, Hayden T. Schwenk, Fei Wang, Margot I. Gage Witvliet, Eric J. Tchetgen Tchetgen, Jeffrey S. Morris, Christopher B. Forrest, and Yong Chen on the publication of Real-World Effectiveness of BNT162b2 Against Infection and Severe Diseases in Children and Adolescents in Annals of Internal Medicine.
• Congratulations to the team of Martí Català, Núria Mercadé-Besora, Raivo Kolde, Nhung T H Trinh, Elena Roel, Edward Burn, Trishna Rathod-Mistry, Kristin Kostka, Wai Yi Man, Antonella Delmestri, Prof Hedvig M E Nordeng, Anneli Uusküla, Talita Duarte-Salles, Daniel Prieto-Alhambra, and Annika M Jödicke on the publication of The effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines to prevent long COVID symptoms: staggered cohort study of data from the UK, Spain, and Estonia in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine.
• Chungsoo Kim is a PhD candidate in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at Ajou University College of Medicine. Since joining OHDSI in 2019, he has participated in and led several research projects at OHDSI. He currently participates in OHDSI working groups, including PatientLevelPrediction and the APAC group. He also served as a tutorial instructor for the 2019 OHDSI Korea International Symposium. Chungsoo discusses his research focuses, his involvement in the OHDSI community, the growth of OHDSI around the Asia-Pacific region, and plenty more in the latest Collaborator Spotlight.
• The latest edition of the OHDSI newsletter is now available, and it includes the December video presentations of the year in review and OHDSI’s first 10 years. It also features community updates, December publications and presentations, and plenty more.
• Research from the 2023 Global Symposium Collaborator Showcase can be viewed on the Global Symposium Showcase page. Research is also being shared daily on OHDSI’s LinkedIn, Twitter/X and Instagram feeds as part of the #OHDSISocialShowcase. Below are posters (with study leads) that are featured this week:
Monday — Development of psychiatric common data model (P-CDM) leveraging psychiatric scales (Dong Yun Lee)
Wednesday — Making OHDSI Tooling accessible to Researchers and Students in a HIPAA Compliant Platform (Hannah Morgan-Cooper)
Thursday — Trend in Prescription Pattern in Heart Failure Medications (Septi Melisa)
• There is an opening for a Data Steward position at the EBMT. Among the responsibilities is the design, implementation and testing of new data collection processes including data collection forms (DCFs) development, as well as the mapping of new items from DCFs to the OMOP CDM.
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
To unsubscribe from Teams, please fill out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community