Deadline to Submit: June 22nd, 2016
The Observational Health Data Sciences and Informatics (OHDSI, pronounced Odyssey) team is now accepting submission abstracts for posters or software demonstrations at the second annual OHDSI Symposium to be held on September 23rd, 2016 at the Washington Hilton in Washington, DC.
OHDSI’s mission is to improve health, by empowering a community to collaboratively generate the evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care. We envision a world in which observational research produces a comprehensive understanding of health and disease. To achieve this goal, the OHDSI team has formed a multi-stakeholder, interdisciplinary collaborative which aims to bring out the value of health data through large-scale analytics and open-source software tools. OHDSI has established a global community of observational health researchers and a research network covering over 600 million patients.
This year’s symposium builds off the success of the 2015 Symposium by providing a collaborative venue to share research and applications for advancing best practices in observational data research.
Abstract submissions should describe recently completed work that is relevant to OHDSI’s mission and conducted using OHDSI tools.
To submit an abstract, please upload a 2-page abstract, based on the OHDSI submission template, onto the OHDSI library. Abstracts must demonstrate how the work is connected to OHDSI and relevant to OHDSI’s mission. Please ensure your name, affiliation and email address are included on your abstract. Also, please indicate if you would like to present a poster or software demonstration.
All submissions will be reviewed by the symposium organizing committee. Successful posters and demonstrations will be presented during an afternoon collaborator showcase. Selected software demonstrators will be provided a table and monitor during the showcase.
During the symposium, all posters will be reviewed by a team of judges who will award a prize for best poster. The award will be announced during the symposium’s closing session. Successful posters will also be invited to upload their final posters onto a poster repository on the OHDSI website.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Observational Data Management: including interoperability standards, common data model and standardized vocabularies development and evaluation, extract-transform-load (ETL) research and applications, and data quality assessment.
- Analytics technology and infrastructure: design and implementation of hardware and open-source software solutions that leverage the OHDSI community standards or tools to enable evidence generation.
- Methodological research: research and development of new analytical methods for evidence generation, and empirical evaluation of method performance.
- Clinical applications: demonstrations of successful evidence generation from observational health data for clinically-relevant questions, in the areas of:
- Clinical characterization: descriptive summaries for disease natural history, treatment utilization, population health management, and quality improvement.
- Population-level estimation: causal inference for medical product safety surveillance and comparative effectiveness research.
- Person-level prediction: for disease interception and precision medicine.
To demonstrate the value of the OHDSI research network, priority will be given to collaborative OHDSI projects.
June 22nd, 2016: Deadline for poster submissions – SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
July 11th, 2016: Notification of acceptance
September 23rd, 2016: OHDSI Symposium
How to submit:
Please follow the submission guidelines stated above and upload all relevant documents to the OHDSI library.
If you have any further questions about poster submissions or the OHDSI symposium please contact Maura Beaton at firstname.lastname@example.org