Date(s) - 10/18/2020 - 10/21/2020
Categories No Categories
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 OHDSI symposium will take place virtually from Sunday, Oct. 18 to Wednesday, Oct. 21.
OHDSI’s mission is to improve health, by empowering a community to collaboratively generate the evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care. As a community we envision a world in which observational research produces a comprehensive understanding of health and disease. OHDSI promotes a collaborative approach to research and has rapidly grown into a vibrant international community. Everyone is welcome to actively participate in OHDSI, whether as a patient, a health professional, a researcher, or someone who simply believes in our cause
Our 6th Annual OHDSI Symposium will feature everything that makes our event an annual highlight for so many community members, including plenary sessions, tutorials and the Collaborator Showcase, as well as a two-day study-a-thon, where we will bring our global community together to collaboratively generate real-world evidence on an important healthcare issue. We believe our efforts around the COVID study-a-thon showed just how impactful our community can be when we come together on a shared journey.
The OHDSI Symposium is for both community veterans and newcomers who are interested in learning more about our network. Please continue to check the OHDSI website (www.ohdsi.org) and the OHDSI social platforms periodically for updates as we plan for a rewarding, online event!
Stakeholders from the following organizations who would benefit from the presentations and discussions during and following this event, include but are not limited to:
- FDA, CMS, CDC, NIH, AHRQ, HHS, PCORI, DoD
- AMIA, Technology and Software developers
- Academia, Centers of Excellence
- Groups involved in the discovery of new pathways for treatment of cancer and other diseases
- Pharmaceutical and Device Industry
- Health-care start-ups, Healthcare payers and providers
- Clinicians, Patients, and Disease-focused Patient Advocates and Foundations
- Data standardization organizations
- People most interested in addressing these issues, because they are the most directly affected by the problems.
- Senior management interested in breaking the cycle
|Sunday, October 18||Tutorials|
|Monday, October 19||Main Symposium|
|Tuesday, October 20||Study-a-thon (Day 1)|
|Wednesday, October 21||Study-a-thon (Day 2)|
A more detailed agenda will be posted on our website soon!
OHDSI’s achievements to date would not be possible if not for the hard work of our growing community members. Our annual collaborator showcase provides collaborators the opportunity to showcase their tremendous work.
Once again we’ll be inviting collaborators to participate in the online collaborator showcase. Collaborators will have the opportunity to submit abstracts for poster presentations, software demonstrations and oral presentations.
Topics of interest include:
– Observational data standards and management
– Methodological research
– Open-source analytics development
– Clinical research from OHDSI’s analytic use cases:
– Clinical characterization
– Population-level estimation
– Patient-level prediction
The deadline has passed to submit an abstract. To find out more about the showcase, please visit Collaborators Showcase Website Page
More information coming soon!
More information coming soon!
We are excited to announce that registration for the 2020 OHDSI Symposium is now open! This virtual four-day event will highlight three ways our global community collaborates together: Learning, Sharing and Doing!
Please click on this link to register for the 2020 OHDSI Symposium: 2020 OHDSI Symposium Registration