Date(s) - 10/18/2020 - 10/21/2020
Categories No Categories
OHDSI’s mission is to improve health, by empowering a community to collaboratively generate the evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care. As a community we envision a world in which observational research produces a comprehensive understanding of health and disease. OHDSI promotes a collaborative approach to research and has rapidly grown into a vibrant international community. Everyone is welcome to actively participate in OHDSI, whether as a patient, a health professional, a researcher, or someone who simply believes in our cause
The sixth annual OHDSI symposium will promote this vision and provide OHDSI collaborators an opportunity to share our accomplishments with the broader healthcare community. The day will include a collaborator showcase involving a poster session to highlight OHDSI’s research achievements and interactive demonstrations of OHDSI’s open-source software tools that will revolutionize how medical evidence is generated.
The 2020 OHDSI symposium will take place on Monday, October 19th at the at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, located at 5701 Marinelli Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. There is no fee to attend the symposium.
Tutorials will also be offered on Sunday, October 18th and a 2-day OHDSI Study-a-thon will take place following the main symposium on October 20-21st. Registration for tutorials and the study-a-thon will be separate from registration for the main symposium. There may be a registration fee for the tutorials and study-a-thon.
Stakeholders from the following organizations who would benefit from the presentations and discussions during and following this event, include but are not limited to:
- FDA, CMS, CDC, NIH, AHRQ, HHS, PCORI, DoD
- AMIA, Technology and Software developers
- Academia, Centers of Excellence
- Groups involved in the discovery of new pathways for treatment of cancer and other diseases
- Pharmaceutical and Device Industry
- Health-care start-ups, Healthcare payers and providers
- Clinicians, Patients, and Disease-focused Patient Advocates and Foundations
- Data standardization organizations
- People most interested in addressing these issues, because they are the most directly affected by the problems.
- Senior management interested in breaking the cycle
|Sunday, October 18||Tutorials|
|Monday, October 19||Main Symposium|
|Tuesday, October 20||Study-a-thon (Day 1)|
|Wednesday, October 21||Study-a-thon (Day 2)|
A more detailed agenda will be posted soon.
OHDSI’s achievements to date would not be possible if not for the hard work of our growing community members. Our annual collaborator showcase provides collaborators the opportunity to showcase their tremendous work.
Once again we’ll be inviting collaborators to participate in the collaborator showcase. Collaborators will have the opportunity to submit abstracts for poster presentations, software demonstrations and oral presentations.
Topics of interest include:
– Observational data standards and management
– Methodological research
– Open-source analytics development
– Clinical research from OHDSI’s analytic use cases:
– Clinical characterization
– Population-level estimation
– Patient-level prediction
More information about submissions for the collaborator showcase will be coming soon!
More information coming soon!
More information coming soon!