2022 OHDSI APAC Collaborator Showcase
OHDSI’s mission is to improve health by empowering a community to collaboratively generate evidence that promotes better health decisions and better care. We envision a world in which observational research produces a comprehensive understanding of health and disease. To achieve this goal, OHDSI has formed a multi-stakeholder, interdisciplinary collaboration that aims to bring out the value of health data through large-scale analytics and open-source software tools. OHDSI has established a global community of observational health researchers and a research network covering over 810 million patients.
OHDSI’s achievements to date would not be possible if not for the hard work of our growing community members. Our APAC Collaborator Showcase provides the APAC community the opportunity to share their tremendous work.
Topics of interest include observational data standards and management, methodological research, open-source analytics development, clinical research from OHDSI’s analytic use cases – clinical characterization, population-level estimation, patient-level prediction – and community development.
POSTER: a poster-board to present a static display summary of your latest research; poster measurements are to be a horizontal-orientation and 48” long x 36” high is the maximum size. Please create a paper-type poster as the poster boards at the symposium will be cork; please do not use foam core. As always you may use the traditional poster template or the Mike Morrison poster template which was introduced a few years ago. Both can be found below.
The traditional poster template is available here.
The Mike Morrison poster template is available here.
Please submit your work using this submission form and fill out the conflict of interest (COI) form at the time of submission. You will be triggered to upload a brief report in the second section of the submission form. The brief report template can be found here. The document can be downloaded as a Microsoft Word document by clicking on the link and selecting File -> Download -> Microsoft Word (.docx).
Each presenting author should upload their document as a PDF. The submission should meet the following guidelines:
- Maximum 1,000 words of text (exclusive of references/citations/tables/figures)
- Maximum 10 MB
- Clearly state the names of all co-authors and list them in the order that will appear on the presentation (please do not include titles or degree/certificate credentials)
- Have the following components: Title, Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- References/citations are recommended (maximum 15; suggested style is Vancouver).
- Unpublished in the peer-review literature at the time of submission; preprints are acceptable
- [Optional] up to 3 additional figures or tables can be added to support description of the methods or results
By submitting your work, the presenting author (or representative) agrees to present at the 2022 OHDSI APAC Symposium in person if their work is selected. Your document should be saved as a PDF using the following naming convention, where the “firstname” and “lastname” correspond to the name of the presenting author, and “title” should include keywords that summarize the title: firstname-lastname_title_2022apacsymposium
- All submissions are due no later than September 30.
- All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the OHDSI APAC Scientific Review Committee between September 30 – October 14.
- If you have been selected to present your work for the 2022 OHDSI APAC Collaborator Showcase, you will be notified via email by October 21.
Should you need additional assistance, please email us at email@example.com.